Viavi Solutions Personal Data Consent Form
Viavi Solutions Inc. is committed to protecting your personal data. This consent form applies to candidates for employment or change of position with Viavi Solutions Inc., its affiliates or subsidiaries (“Viavi”). In this form, we ask you to give your consent to the collection, use, transfer and other processing, in electronic or other form, of your personal data by Viavi for the Purpose, as defined below. Viavi is the data controller in respect of this data and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data may we hold about you?
I understand that Viavi may gather and hold the following personal data about me:
• my name, my home address, telephone number, email address or other contact information
• my date of birth, social insurance and/or security number, and/or equivalent information
• my resume or CV, my relevant work experience, type of employment sought, date available, employee references, and information that I have provided in any application form or in an interview,
• my former, current or desired salary and other compensation information,
• my nationality, and
• if I am invited for an interview, and to the extent permitted or required by local law and relevant for the position, Viavi may also collect some personal data, such as credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings; as well as sensitive personal data about race / ethnicity / religion / disability, for purposes of statutory diversity reporting where required, as well as to understand the diverse characteristics of our workforce, all of which are collectively referred to as “Data”.
Why do we process your Data?
Viavi will process the Data described in this form for the purpose of (1) implementing, administering and managing my application process for employment or change of position with Viavi, (2) helping Viavi to determine my suitability for employment, including different positions, within Viavi, including carrying out background and reference checks, where applicable, and (3) complying with applicable legal or regulatory requirements (collectively, the “Purpose”).
The legal basis for Viavi collecting and processing my Data is my consent. If I fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for Viavi to consider my application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), Viavi will not be able to process my application successfully. For example, if Viavi requires a credit check or references for this role and I fail to provide Viavi with relevant details, Viavi will not be able to take my application further.
For how long will Viavi retain your Data and how does Viavi secure your Data?
If you are a candidate in the EU, we will retain your Data for a period of six (6) months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to work. We retain your Data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your Data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For candidates outside of the EU, we will retain and security destroy your Dada in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If I am hired by Viavi or transferred to a different position within Viavi, I understand that my Data will be placed into my personnel file and held only as long as is necessary during and/or after my term of employment with Viavi, or as long as necessary to comply with any applicable legal obligation.
Viavi takes appropriate measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of my Data and limits access to my Data in order to safeguard it from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
If my application is unsuccessful at this time, Viavi would like to keep my Data in Viavi ’s database to contact me in case of any future job openings within Viavi, subject to my explicit consent below.
With whom does Viavi share your Data?
I understand that sometimes Viavi may need to share my Data with other Viavi companies and third parties. Viavi will only do so when necessary for legitimate business purposes. For example, my Data may be sent to the following parties for the following reasons:
• to Viavi companies that carry out human resources services on behalf of other Viavi companies for the purposes of human resource administration and other purposes related to employment and candidate applications;
• to Viavi’s carefully selected third party service providers appointed under contract to assist Viavi in fulfilling in the Purpose;
• to any new (or prospective) owners, should there be a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Viavi, or business units or departments within Viavi;
• to external parties as required by law or legal process and/or to competent public corporations and government authorities as required by laws regarding tax, labour, social security and similar matters. I understand that my Data may be used for legal proceedings (including potential legal proceedings), exercising or defending legal rights, and to comply with requests from public authorities or agencies;
My Data may be transferred to Viavi companies or third-party service providers engaged by Viavi that operate outside the country in which I live or reside. Those countries may provide for a lower level of data protection than my own country. In any case, Viavi will implement appropriate contractual measures (such as standard data protection clauses, a copy of which I can obtain by contacting email@example.com) to ensure that the relevant Viavi companies and third parties provide an adequate level of protection to my Data as set out in this policy and as required by applicable local law.
What are your rights with respect to your Data?
I understand that I may, at any time, request access to, correct or amendment of and/or erasure of my Data, and that I may, in certain circumstances, request the restriction of processing or object to the processing of my Data, and other rights in accordance with applicable law. I may also withdraw my consent to the processing of my Data at any time. I may exercise these rights at any time by contacting my local Viavi Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that if I refuse to give my consent or withdraw my consent to the processing of my Data, Viavi will not be able to process my Data. This means that Viavi may not be able to consider me for a position within the company unless I submit a new job application.
I understand that I have the right to lodge a complaint before my relevant data privacy authority if I consider that Viavi has violated applicable data privacy laws(s) in processing my Data.
By clicking “I Accept” below, I:
• Have read and consent to the terms contained in this Personal Data Consent Form □
• Consent to Viavi keeping my Data in its database to contact me in case of any future job openings within Viavi even if my application is unsuccessful this time □